After the war, the US military occupied the old town of Naha and this place many people to what became a black market where smuggled goods were traded. Thus Naha City came up with the idea to create this market, where on the 1st floor, many stores sell meat and fresh fish, pickles and processed food such as fish cake. Vendors offer visitors free tasting with cheerful voices and smiling faces. On the 2nd floor, there are places to eat, noodle restaurants, sata andagi (Okinawan doughnuts without a hole) and jelato ice cream stores.
Located in the center of Kokusai St. is the main street of the market by the arcade entrance. The market is down the small street with many various stores.
- 900-0014 2-10-1 Matsuo Naha Okinawa
- Business hours
- 6:00 ～ 20:00
- Close day
- The 4th Sunday (Fish stores close on the 2nd, 4th, and 5th Sunday)
- No parking (Toll parking lots are available in the neighborhood).
- Access information
- Take the「Yui rail」and get off at Makishi station. A 6-minute walk. For buses (#1,#5, #9, #10, #15) get off at Mitsukoshi-mae bus stop. A 2-minute walk.
※ Transit mall (Every Sunday from 12:00 - 18:00 Pedestrians only)
During this time, note that bus route service will change.
- Naha Machima-i, http://www.okinawainfo.net/（Okinawa Joho IMA）