The port has flourished as a foothold for trading since the days of the Ryukyu Kingdom in the 15th century and is still a developed gateaway to Okinawa’s ocean. It was destroyed completely during the war. After Okinawa’s reversion, the three ports, Naha Port, Tomari Port and Shinko Port were unified into one and are now called Naha Port. Most cargo of agricultural goods and light industrial goods produced in Okinawa are handled here at the port. Ferries run among Kagoshima, Amami island and Okinawa. The company West Marine (098-866-0489) located in the port offers enjoyable sunset and dinner cruises.
- 900-0035 2-1 Tondo-cho Naha Okinawa
- 098-868-2578 Naha Harbor Management Association
- Business hours
- 24 hours
- Close day
- Toll parking at Naha Wharf is available from 7:00 ～19:00 ¥200/hr
- Access information
- Take the「Yui rail」 from the Naha airport. Get off at the Asahibashi station. A 3-minute walk. For buses (#1,#2,#3,#5, #15) Get off at the Nahakou-mae bus stop. A 3 minute walk.
- Naha Harbor Management Association HP, Okinawa Convention and Visitors Bureau (OCVB), Okinawa Story