Aiming at “Creating a prefecture that is peaceful, serene, yet with vitality and full of culture,” Okinawa prefecture is working to establish an environment in which its citizens can participate in cultural and art activities on their own initiative. The Okinawa Prefectural Arts Festival is held every year under the objective of contributing to the improvement and advancement of citizens’ culture by encouraging their various arts activities and providing lots of opportunities for art appreciation. Works of art, calligraphy and photography are exhibited at three museums during the festival: Okinawa Prefectural Museum & Art Museum, the main exhibition location where works of art and calligraphy are displayed; and Onna Village Museum and Higashi Village’s “Yama to Mizu no Hakubutsukan (Mountain and Water Museum)” which select prize-winning photographs among the works of photography exhibited there.
- 900-0006 3-1-1 Omoromachi Naha Okinawa
- 098-941-8200 Okinawa Prefecture Culture Promotion Organization, Public Interest Incorporated Foundation
- Business hours
- Close day
- Conducted in late November
- Toll Parking is available.
- Access information
- Take the "Yui" Monorail from Naha Airport and get off at Omoromachi Station. About a 15-minute walk. By bus, get off at the Kouen Omoromachi 1-chome bus stop.