Located in the Tembusu building at the center of Kokusai Street.Traditional Crafts Center offers 5 different hands-on experiences. Bingata, Glass ware, Lacquer-ware, Shuri textiles, and Tsuboya pottery are available to learn. Making shisa, plates and cups on a potter’s wheel is especially popular (about 60～120 minutes, ¥3,000, There is an additional charge for shipping) and you can receive it about one month later. Reservations are needed for starting times at 10:00, 13:00, and 15:00. The telephone number for reservations is 098-868-7866. (Reception hours: 9:00～18:00) The activity and starting time can be changed upon your request so please ask on the phone. In the exhibition hall, a wide range of items are exhibited from the works by a “living national treasure” to a video display to explain how the traditional crafts are made.
- 900-0013 3-2-10 Makishi Naha Okinawa Tenbusu Naha
- Business hours
- The Hands-on experience room, and Special exhibition room are open from 9:00 ～20:00
The training and seminar room is open from 9:00～ 20:00 Crafts are sold from 9:00～ 20:00
- Close day
- January, 2 - December, 31
- For the special exhibition hall ¥300 for an adult, ¥200 for a high school student, ¥100 for an elementary and junior high school student. ¥270 per adult for a group of 15 or more ¥180 for a high school student, ¥90 for elementary and junior high school students. ¥3,000 for a hands-on Tsuboya pottery experience. Cost of the seminar room varies depending on the room and time.
- 81 underground car parking spaces ¥300 per hour. An additional ¥100 every 30 minutes afterwards.
- Access information
- Take the「Yui rail」 from the Naha Airport and get off at Makishi station. A 4-minute walk. For buses (#1,#5,#9,#15,#10) get off at Mitsukoshi-mae bus stop. A 3-minute walk. * During the Transit Mall (pedestrians only from 12:00 ～18:00 every Sunday) local bus routes are subject to change.
- 車イス用トイレ スロープ
- Naha Traditional Arts & Crafts Hall Website