Kume Shiseibyo was built in the Kume village in 1676 to worship Confucius and the pupils (Four saints:Yan Hui, Zengzi, Zisi and Mencius). Many Chinese people lived in Kume village, which is also called Touei.
The first school of Ryukyu’s called “Meirindo” was founded in 1718.
However it destroyed during the World War II. In 1975 the school rebuilt in Wakasa, Naha city, then the school relocated to original place Kume in June 2013, it had been 69years since it burned off by the war.
- 900-0031 1-25-1 Wakasa Naha Okinawa
- 098-868-8598 (English is not supported） Ippan Shadan Houjin ( A general incorporated association)Kume Souseikai
- Business hours
- 9:00 - 17:00
- Close day
- Access information
- About 15-minutes walk from the Yui Rail Kencho(Prefectural Offiice) Ekimae Station.