Different from the gorgeous “Shurei no Mon”, the stout arch-shaped stone gate has a wooden turret on the top and two Shisa statues on both sides, keeping devils away. Shuri Castle is protected by the inner wall and outer wall. This is the first front gate of the outer wall. Kankai means “welcome”. The gate was named to express welcome to the Chinese envoys.
- 903-0815 1-2 Kinjo-Cho Shuri Naha Okinawa In Shuri Castle Park
- 098-886-2020 Okinawa churashima foundation Shurijo Castle Park Management Center
- Business hours
- April - June 8:00 - 19:30
July - September 8:00 - 20:30
October - November 8:00 - 19:30
December - March 8:00 - 18:30
- Close day
- Paid Parking
- Access information
- Take the "Yui Rail" from Naha Airport. Get off at Shuri station. A 10-minute walk away. Take the city bus line number (1, or 17), the outside city line No. 46, get off at the Shurijo-mae bus stop, and its about a 5-minute walk to the Shurei gate.
Take the number 8 Shurijo Shitamachi bus line, get off at Shurijo-mae bus stop, and it's a 1-minute walk to the front of the Shurei gate.
Take the number 9, or number 25 city bus line, get off at the Yamakawa bus stop, and it's about a 15-minute walk to the Shurei gate.
- エレベーター 車イス駐車場 車イス用トイレ スロープ 車イス貸出